A fruit a day they say keeps the Doctor away. Fruits are high sources of many vital nutrients such as potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate (folic acid) that are underconsumed. They help protect you from different kinds of illnesses. Here, we’ll be talking about 7 fruits and 7 reasons you should eat them.
1. Oranges: A good source of vitamins, oranges are known to be loaded with vitamin-C and antioxidants, which help prevent stroke, heart attack, or coronary artery disease caused by free radicals.
2. Sweet Limes: A bowl of fresh sweet limes can help with your indigestion and constipation problems. Reason being that this fruit stimulates the salivary glands to produce enzymes for better digestion while also increasing bile levels, stomach acids and digestive juices to aid digestion.
3. Kiwis: If you’re asthmatic, after reading this, you might want to stock up your kitchen with Kiwis. Kiwis help treat Asthma! Yes, you read right. A study published in the Journal Thorax showed that if asthmatic patients ate Kiwis 5 - 7 times a week, incidence of wheezing will be lowered by 44%.
4. Lemons: If you suffer from recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs), you should drink warm lemon water every morning. Lemons help flush out toxins and bacteria.
5. Grapefruit: A PLOS ONE Journal study indicated that apart from aiding weight loss, diluted grapefruit juice also lowers blood sugar levels by 13 to 17% making the fruit really vital for diabetic and obessed people.
6. Grapes: Grapes are a great barricade against infections. You should snack on grapes daily to fight infections if you feel you have low immune response. Research shows that eating grapes reduces inflammation and also boosts your immune response, thus, protecting you against infections.
7. Strawberries: Because of the presence of minerals in them, strawberries are a great way to prevent fungal growth which can cause dandruff. The fruit also contains loads of vitamins and ellagic acid that prevents hair thinning and falling.