No matter what success means to you, there are three key principles you need to set yourself for success in life. And no, this is not one of those ‘Aspire to Perspire’ type talks. These are real life, tested and proven principles, that when applied, can ultimately transform your life for the better.
1. Books: “Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.” Quindlen says. So here’s our very first principle; read more books! Books can change your life. They are a solution to tons of problems faced in the world today. Because you are what you read, you must also learn to read specifically. If you want to learn and understand more about Bitcoin, then read books on Bitcoin. You can start with making out 30-minutes to 1-hour of your time to read everyday, and then scale up from there. Within a month, you’ll see that you would have read at least one book. In one year...do the math.
2. Set Higher Goals: You’ve probably heard this before, or not, but you really can’t achieve much in your comfort zone, stretch yourself. Remember the concept of SMART goals and apply them. Write your goals down and develop ideas to help you achieve those goals.
3. Consciously Build Your Circle: Quick questions, if you needed a million Dollars now, how many phone calls would you have to make? Of course it’s not about the money. Okay, If you needed a sound business advice/partner today, can you bank on the people in your circle? Who are your friends?
Point is, you need to be very intentional and deliberate with who you let into your circle. You need people who;
- Can help build and achieve your goals
- Can lead you to success
- You are inspired by
- Have gone farther than you in life
- You can learn from
- Know what you need to do to get to your next level
- Add value to your life.
Because frankly speaking, you can only grow by being around the right people. So find and surround yourself with the right people; people who know the WHATs and the HOWs.
Follow these principles and watch your life take an upturn.